All criteria are Essential unless indicated otherwise
Responsible to: Asset Management System Team Leader
Responsible for: N/A
Overall Job Purpose: Provide administrative support to the Development & Asset Management Directorate to enable Barcud to meet its business obligations objectives and the needs of its internal and external customers.
Key Responsibilities – Administration:
- Provide a thorough, helpful and effective administrative support service to the staff and activities across the Development & Asset Management Directorate, ensuring Development, Compliancy, Planned Maintenance and Repairs programmes are delivered within agreed timescales, risk thresholds and budget.
2. Administer the customer interface by carrying out consultations with tenants regarding the proposed programmes of the Development, Compliancy & Asset Management Directorate, ensuring tenants are made aware of the scope of Barcud’s services.
3. Maintain accurate records on Development, Compliancy and Asset Management programmes, ensuring all databases accurately reflect works, are stored securely and updated regularly.
4. When required, report on the records of Development, Compliancy and Asset Management programmes to staff across the Association’s operation.
5. Assist with the collaboration of Development and Asset Management staff with other functions at Barcud, particularly Customer Service to ensure service delivery is joined-up.
6. Support the stock condition and WHQS survey programmes by undertaking a range of associated administrative tasks.
7. Help organise any property inspections, coordinating both Barcud staff and external providers.
8. Assist with the documentation and storing of Compliance certification, ensuring all certification is up to date and any instances of non-compliance are quickly updated.
9. Ensure all works are carried out to high standards and in line with regulations and legislation.
10. Process and maintain records of Development schemes, across the Development process.
11. Ensure there is collaboration between Development and Asset Management staff as and when required, including in the processing of new Developments and accurate inputting of new property details on appropriate systems.
12. Undertake a range of typing, filing and other administrative tasks for the Directorate.
13. Update KPI databases.
14. Assist with the organisation of periodic internal and external audits.
15. Attend and take minutes at meetings.
16. Deputise for the Senior Systems Administrator when required.
• Promote a high-performance culture that drives continuous improvement and efficiencies.
• Communicating the priorities, plans, vision and objectives of the Association to ensure effective delivery to the agreed service standards and targets.
• Promote, develop and manage effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve continuous improvement in the provision of services.
• Promote Health and Wellbeing initiatives throughout the organisation.
• Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external customers.
• Work within the Association’s equality, diversity and inclusion policies at all times and in all aspects of service delivery and employment.
• Ensure that the Association and its employees comply with all legal, statutory and regulatory requirements along with best practice.
• In all aspects of the Association’s work, to promote effective communications, excellence in customer service, and a focus on continuous improvement.
• Carry out such other duties and responsibilities as may reasonably be requested.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list and in view of changing demands, legislation, and regulations, the duties may be reviewed and revised as deemed reasonable and appropriate.
This person specification details the experience and skills for the position of Systems Administrator Officer at Barcud. All skills and experience are essential except where explicitly indicated to be desirable (D).
• Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent, including English and Mathematics.
• NVQ Level 3 in relevant subject, or equivalent experience. (D)
• Supporting the delivery of Development, Compliancy and Asset Management programmes.
• Providing a proactive customer service.
• Keeping good and accurate records and databases.
• Arranging inspections.
• Assisting with tenant liaison pre- capital works
• Working collaboratively across an organisation.
• Public sector or Housing Association experience. (D)
Skills / Knowledge:
• Awareness of the scope of Development, Compliancy and Asset Management services.
• Knowledge of best practice administration approaches.
• Ability to maintain accurate databases and comply documentation.
• Able to produce comprehensive quality reporting for effective decision making.
• Willing to learn Welsh to ALTE level 3 within 2 years (if not already a Welsh speaker).
• Ability to deliver results to tight deadlines under pressure.
• Excellent IT skills.
• Sound numerical, reasoning and written communication skills.
• Proven competency to handle confidential and sensitive information.
• Able to set appropriate and challenging performance targets for self.
• Ability to promote equality and diversity in all aspects of employment and service delivery.
To apply, please download and complete the following forms and return to HR@barcud.cymru