Working with a qualified crafts person the apprentice post holder will be expected to undertake the following duties.
All criteria are Essential unless indicated otherwise
Responsible to: Foreman
Responsible for: No staff
To undertake the repairs and maintenance of electrical installations to all domestic properties, including fault finding, inspecting and testing in accordance with the Building Regulations (Part P).
Key Responsibilities – Functional:
1. To ensure that all electrical works that you undertake conform to relevant standards, legislative requirements, polices and protocols in accordance with Barcud’s procedures; and comply with the requirements of the British Standards Institution.
2. Servicing, maintaining and new installation of electrical equipment and cabling. 3. Liaising with other members of the team.
4. Liaise with tenants to undertake work in their properties in a timely and convenient manner.
5. To assist our NICEIC Co-ordinator to carry out both random and pre-arranged inspections.
6. Provide advice to anyone within the Property Services Department.
7. Testing installations and providing test results for our NICEIC Co-ordinator?
8. Any other reasonable duties as required by Line Manager.
1. Undertake training to improve knowledge and skills.
2. Partake in a monthly performance and budget meeting (as required).
3. Take responsibility for your performance to ensure that the service you provide is of high quality and compliant with electrical legislation.
4. Attend tenant focus groups and forums in order to obtain direct feedback and discuss means of continually improving the service (as required).
5. Ensure that all works and materials are procured in accordance with Barcud’s procurement strategy.
6. Follow the framework of performance management and monitoring, championing best practice and a high level performance culture throughout the Association.
Key Responsibilities – Corporate:
1. To provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
2. Ensure that all work is undertaken in accordance with the current health and safety legislation and undertaken in a diligent manner, considering tenant’s cultural and diversity needs are managed and identify and implement opportunities for making best use of all resources.
3. Ensure that Barcud and its staff comply with all legal, statutory and Tenant Services Authority regulations along with best practice.
4. Ensure that you implement the Association’s equality, diversity and inclusion policies at all times and in all aspects of service delivery and employment.
5. In all aspects of Barcud’s work, to promote effective communications, excellence in customer service, and a focus on continuous improvement.
6. To carry out such other duties and responsibilities as may reasonably be directed by the Director of Property Services or the Capital Improvement Co-ordinator.
To apply, please download and complete the following forms and return to HR@barcud.cymru